Training as a Shamanic Practitioner
Training as a Shamanic Practitioner
Shamanism has been
practiced for thousands of years, and as the veils between the worlds become
thinner, many people are being drawn to the ancient earth spirituality.
Shamanism is a lifetime practice. It is not a profession;
it is an inner calling. However, there are specific
shamanic trainings that people can undertake.
Every healer, including a shamanic practitioner, learns their trade through practice. Contact with the spirit world may come naturally, but it has to be harnessed. At the same time, the practitioner needs to be grounded. Unless the practice is based in the present and everyday reality,
it has little value.
In order to give
people the important skills and tools to become a rounded shamanic practitioner
the School has devised a five path programme that includes all main shamanic healing modules of classic core shamanism as well as ritual and ceremony.
The next practitioner's course will start in 2019. Please follow the link for details.
The five paths of the shamanic practitioner course are based on classic core shamanic practice:
- The Path of the Eagle: The
Journey of the Shaman and retrieval of personal power: This course provides theoretical
knowledge of shamanism and the shamanic worlds, as well as experiential
practice of shamanic healing and working with the animal spirits in alternative realities. Participants also learn to retrieve
power and life-force for clients through journeying. (No
prerequisite required). Next course: 13-14 October 2018
- The Path of the Earth: This is split into two workshops – Medicine for the Earth and shamanic Healing with Spiritual Light. In this courses participants learn how to align with the four elements, perform space clearing and experience their own radiance and heal themselves, others and the earth through the light of their essence. Over the two workshops we work with the ancient practice of shamanic transfiguration and masks.
- The Path of the Jaguar: Soul Retrieval: This is the essence of shamanic healing as practiced by many indigenous shamans. In this course participants learn how to retrieve other peoples’ soul essence to help people heal at a deep level.
- The Path of the Bear: Shamanic Extraction: Learn how to extract energetic intrusions from the body and neutralise them, by merging deeply with your spirit helpers. (Prerequisite: Soul Retrieval training)
- The Path of the Jackal: Death and Dying Shamanic Workshops: This course is split into two workshops. In the first workshop, Part 1, participants learn how to: help people pass through the death process to be reborn in the spiritual realms; help lost souls find their way home and; how to support people who are grieving. This is a very important teaching, especially in our times. In Part 2 the focus is on Psychopomping and de-possession.
After you have trained in all five paths, you receive the gift of the triple shamanic initiation.
Working shamanically with integrity
Below are some suggestions for people who wish to focus on, and take ownership of, their shamanic path:
shamanic journeying once a week.
a regular daily spiritual practice that helps calm the conditioned mind. This
could be meditation, mantra chanting, time in nature, ritual, ceremony etc. It
may be different for each person.
- Continue personal development through inner work. Shamanism is a path where we embrace our vulnerability,
- As we walk further along the path we will be called to: develop our integrity, and personal responsibility;
A shamanic practitioner is someone who is willing to step into the unknown
and surrender to life and Divine Will.